Over the past few months, I’ve been “standing on the edge of a precipice” (thanks Jacqui @gosocialsa for the analogy and the inspiration). I finally made my decision to follow my heart, and take a leap of faith. Although my mind was already made up, videos like this continue to inspire me and confirm that I’ve made the right decision.
Click on the link and take a look and listen to Steve Jobs’ speech at Stanford’s Commencement ceremony in 2005. Great life lessons.
My favourite Inspirations from this talk:
- You’ve got to find what you love. That is as true for work as for lovers.
- If you haven’t found it yet, don’t settle.
- Death is life’s change agent. Time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
- Follow your curiosity and intuition.
- Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
- If you dropped out of college, what courses would you like to “drop in” on?
- If today were the last day in your life, would you want to do what you are doing today?
- What three stories would you tell a class of graduates, based on your life lessons?